Easy, moist buttermilk cornbread -- the perfect balance of sweet and savory with both cornmeal and creamed corn.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4-1/3 cup granulated sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 cup creamed corn (an 8 to 9 oz can - or part of a 14 oz can)
- 1 jalapeno, diced (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Add the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to a large bowl. Mix together well with a fork.
Add the eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter to the dry ingredients. Mix together well with a fork.
Add the can of creamed corn, no need to drain. Add the jalapeno if using. Mix well.
Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray. Then pour the batter in.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Serve with butter.