An easy, five-ingredient recipe for lemon ricotta pasta that will be on your table in 20 minutes: perfect for a quick lunch or a busy weeknight.
I love to cook. But when I get home on a weeknight after a long day at work, I don’t want to spend much my evening in front of the stove. I’m guessing most of you are in the same boat?
I often meal prep on the weekends so we can eat leftovers throughout the week, but sometimes I get too busy and don’t plan ahead. On nights like these I love recipes that are even faster than takeout and far more tasty. This lemon ricotta pasta is one of those recipes.
To make this into a hearty meal, I usually serve with some microwaved frozen veggies and shrimp that I saute quickly while the pasta is cooking. Meal on the table in twenty minutes.
How to Make Easy Lemon Ricotta Pasta
All you need to do is:
1) Cook the pasta
2) Zest and juice a lemon
3) Drain the pasta
4) Mix the pasta with ricotta, cream, and the lemon
5) Serve and enjoy the rest of your evening!
Lemon Ricotta Pasta
- 8 oz rotini or pasta of choice
- 8 oz whole milk ricotta
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Boil water in a large saucepan.
- Salt the water and cook the pasta following package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, zest and juice the lemon.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and place the pasta back in the pan. Add the ricotta, cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt (I used about 1/2 teaspoon). Mix together and serve.