Take five minutes to make these super easy, three-ingredient banana blueberry frozen dog treats. Bananas, blueberries, and yogurt make the perfect reward for your pup!
Special Equipment Needed
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
You’ll need a freezer safe mold to make these treats. Make the treats smaller if you have a little pup and larger for a big dog. I used a silicone baby food tray — it was perfectly sized for my black lab/pit mix Lily. Ice cube trays like this one also work well! If you have a smaller pup, you may want a smaller ice cube tray like this one.
How to Make Blueberry Banana Frozen Dog Treats
To make these treats you only need three ingredients: blueberries, bananas, and plain yogurt.
You can use fresh or frozen blueberries here, whatever you have on hand! This is the perfect recipe to use up overripe bananas. For the yogurt you can use Greek yogurt or regular yogurt, just make sure you’re using plain yogurt with no sugar or flavoring added.
Start by placing half of the blueberries in the tray. Then peel the bananas and place in a bowl. Mash with a fork and then add the yogurt. Spoon the banana mixture into the tray. Top with the remaining blueberries.
Tap the tray onto a flat surface to help the mixture settle and then freeze for several hours. Treat your pup with one of these frozen treats for good behavior!
If you’re looking for more treat recipes, try these reader favorite pumpkin peanut butter dog treats! If you try this recipe for blueberry banana frozen dog leave a comment and a review below and let me know how your dog enjoyed it!
Blueberry Banana Frozen Dog Treats
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup (5.3 oz) plain yogurt (regular or Greek yogurt)
- Put half of the blueberries in ice cube or baby food freezer tray. (See note.)
- Peel both bananas and put them in a bowl. Mash with a spoon. It's ok if there are still banana chunks, your dog will love them.
- Add the yogurt and mix in with the banana. Spoon the banana yogurt mixture into the freezer tray. Add the remaining blueberries on top.