An easy, one-bowl recipe for moist and flavorful banana bread muffins.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy here.
This is the perfect recipe to use up overripe, brown bananas. I go grocery shopping every weekend and never seem to buy the right number of bananas. One week we’ll run out by Wednesday, the next week we’ll have several overripe bananas sitting in the fruit bowl by Saturday. When a banana turns too brown and mushy, I don’t really like eating them (I’m picky about my banana texture), so I’ll peel them, put them in a ziploc bag, and throw in the freezer. By doing this, I don’t waste bananas and always have bananas on hand to make these easy banana bread muffins!
How to Make Easy Banana Bread Muffins
All you need to do is:
1) Preheat the oven
2) Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray (or use cupcake liners)
3) Mix together the ingredients
4) Put the batter in the muffin tins
If you’re using the optional chocolate chip drizzle, then melt the chocolate and drizzle over the top. These muffins would also be delicious with chocolate chips, pecans, or walnuts mixed into the batter.
If you try this recipe for easy banana bread muffins, leave a comment and review below and let me know how you like it.
Easy Banana Bread Muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups mashed bananas 3 to 4 bananas
- 1 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners or just spray the muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl and mix with a fork for about a minute.
- Then add the baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Mix for another minute.
- Add the brown sugar, water, and melted butter and continue to stir.
- When the mixture is smooth, add the mashed bananas. Mix together. If it gets hard to mix with the fork, switch over to a wooden spoon.
- Add the whole wheat flour last and mix until well combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of one of the muffins comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins on a cooling rack.
- If using the optional chocolate topping, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Spoon the melted chocolate into a small ziplock bag. Snip off the corner of the bag with scissors and drizzle the chocolate over the muffins.