Delicious mini chocolate cheesecakes made in your Instant Pot! Perfect bite-sized, portion-controlled treats.
Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts. Add chocolate and it’s even better! With just three people in my household (one that’s only a year old) even a 6″ Instant Pot cheesecake can be a bit too much for us. Enter these easy portion-controlled chocolate cheesecake bites that can be made in your Instant Pot!
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
To make these easy Instant Pot chocolate cheesecake bites you’ll need:
- An Instant Pot or similar pressure cooker. I used the Instant Pot Duo 6qt in this recipe.
- A stand mixer or hand mixer. I love my KitchenAid.
- Silicone egg bite molds to make these delicious bite-sized treats.
- A trivet to keep the mold above the water. I like this set as you get two trivets of different heights that can even be used together if needed.
- A silicone sling to easily get the mold out of the pan — you can also use a foil sling as outlined in the instructions.
How to Make Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake Bites
Before starting, make sure that your cream cheese and egg are at room temperature. Then start by melting the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl until just melted. Set the melted chocolate aside while you start the cheesecake batter.
Next put the cream cheese in the mixer bowl and beat on medium until smooth. This should take two to four minutes. Then add the sugar and vanilla extract and beat for another minute or two.
Add the melted chocolate and beat until well combined. Then scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Finally, add the egg and beat on low until just combined. Be sure not to overbeat the batter after you’ve added the egg or your cheesecake texture will be off.
Next, spray the egg bite mold with cooking spray and pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared mold. Each cup should be filled about 3/4 full. You’ll use the Oreos at the end, so hold on to them for now!
Add two cups of water to the Instant Pot stainless steel pot and put a short trivet inside. The top of the trivet shouldn’t touch the water. Then put the stainless steel pot inside the Instant Pot.
Next, put the mold on a silicone sling. Or if you don’t have one of those, prepare a foil sling by folding a long sheet (about 24″) of foil in thirds lengthwise. Put the egg bites mold in the center of the sling (foil or silicone) and fold up the sides around the egg bites mold. Lift the mold and place on top of the trivet in the Instant Pot.
Cover the cheesecake lightly with foil to keep water from pooling on the top of the batter. Then seal the Instant Pot lid and close the pressure release valve. Press the “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” button until it’s on “High Pressure” (some models only have high pressure, so skip this step if yours doesn’t have Low vs. High). Press the +/- until it says 00:10 for ten minutes.
The Instant Pot will say “On” until it comes up to pressure and then will start counting down. After it’s done, leave it to naturally release for twenty minutes. To do this, just leave the Instant Pot alone after it beeps. It will start counting up until it says “L00:20.” Then release any remaining pressure by opening the pressure release valve and open the lid once the pressure is released.
Remove the egg bites mold with the silicone or foil sling. Gently press an Oreo into the top of each cheesecake bite (this will be your crust!). Allow the cheesecake bites to cool at room temperature for 15-20 minutes. Then refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
When you’re ready to serve the cheesecake bites, place a plate over the egg bites mold. Flip it and gently press out each cheesecake bite. Melt some chocolate and drizzle on top to serve.
Looking for similar recipes? Try this Instant Pot pumpkin cheesecake. Or if you want a non-Instant Pot recipe, try these mini caramel apple cheesecakes made in the oven. If you try this recipe for Instant Pot chocolate cheesecake bites, please leave me a comment and a review below and let me know what you think!
Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake Bites
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus extra for serving
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 7 Oreo cookies
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds, then stir. Continue until the chocolate is just melted. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer beat the cream cheese on medium until smooth, about two to four minutes.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract to the cream cheese and beat for another minute or two on medium until well combined.
- Add the melted chocolate and beat for another minute.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl. Then add the egg. Beat on low just until combined (20-30 seconds).
- Spray the egg bite mold with cooking spray. Then pour the mixture into the prepared egg bite mold, fill each about 3/4 full. I like to put the mixture in a large Ziploc bag, cut off the corner, and pipe into the egg bite molds. (Hold on to the Oreos — you'll use them at the end).
- Add two cups of water to the Instant Pot stainless steel pot and put a short trivet inside. The top of the trivet should not touch the water. Place the stainless steel pot inside the Instant Pot.
- Use a silicone sling or prepare a foil sling to help you get the cheesecake bites out of the Instant Pot. To do this, tear off about 24 inches of foil and fold lengthwise into thirds. Place the cheesecake in the center of the silicone or foil sling and fold up the sides around the pan so you can lift the pan using the foil or silicone sling.
- Pick up the egg bites mold with the sling and place in the Instant Pot. Fold over the foil sides so they don't touch the cheesecake batter. Cover the cheesecake lightly with foil to keep water from pooling on top of the batter
- Seal the Instant Pot lid and turn the pressure release valve to close it. Press the "Pressure Cook" button ("Manual" on some models) until it's on "High Pressure" and press the +/- buttons until it says 00:10. The Instant Pot will say "On" until it comes up to pressure and will then start counting down from 10 minutes.
- After it's done, leave it to naturally release for another 20 minutes. To do this, just leave the Instant Pot alone after it beeps. It will start counting up until it says "L00:20." Then release any remaining pressure by opening the pressure release valve and opening the lid once the pressure is released.
- Gently remove the cheesecake bites with the foil or silicone sling. Gently press an Oreo into the top of each cheesecake bite. Allow the cheesecake bites to sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes. Then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When you're ready to serve the cheesecake bites, place a plate over the silicone mold. Flip it and gently press out each cheesecake bite. Melt some chocolate and drizzle on top to serve.
Just found my first recipe for my new instant pot. I’m so excited to try these!
These look delicious and much easier to make than I expected!
Wow I can’t believe you made this in an Instant pot!!! This looks super appetizing
This recipe was the perfect way to get my cheesecake fix without having to go through the trouble of baking a whole one!! Super easy to make, so decadent and delicious!
No way this is made in the Instant Pot!! Okay, bookmarked right now and making it for Valentine’s Day!!!
These yummy cheesecake bites were easy and fun to make! They’re perfect treats for Valentine’s Day.