Simple one-pot, creamy, delicious Instant Pot garlic shrimp pasta. No draining required!
Washing dishes is one of my least favorite things to do, which is one of the many reasons I love one-pot recipes! This Instant Pot shrimp pasta is one of those one-pot recipes. Even better, there’s no need to drain the pasta like you would with most stove-top dishes. So here we go: we’ve got delicious, one-pot, no drain, super simple Instant Pot Garlic Shrimp Pasta.
How to Make Instant Pot Garlic Shrimp Pasta
We’ll start out with some vegetable broth – I use vegetable broth for an extra flavor boost, but you could substitute for water if you prefer. Add the vegetable broth to the Instant Pot stainless steel pot.
Break the linguine in half and add it to the pot with the broth. To keep it from sticking together too much, it’s helpful to alternate how you lay it in there, placing some pieces facing in one direction and other pieces in the other direction.
Add the butter and garlic on top of the pasta and lock the lid in place. Close the pressure release valve and press the “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” button until it’s on “Normal” and press the “Pressure Level” button until it’s on “High.” Press the +/- buttons until the display says “00:05” for 5 minutes.
The Instant Pot will beep and will then say “On” until it comes up to pressure. Then it will start counting down.
When it’s done, press the “Cancel” button to turn it off. Quick release the pressure by opening the pressure release valve. Always steer clear of the steam.
Turn the pot on “Saute” and add the shrimp and salt. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
Then press “Cancel” to turn off the Instant Pot again. Add in the heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and lemon juice. Stir until well combined. Salt to taste.
If you try this recipe for Instant Pot Garlic Shrimp Pasta, leave a comment and a review below and let me know how it worked out for you! Or share with your friends on Facebook! Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Try my favorite Instant Pot Mac and Cheese, this Instant Pot Shrimp Risotto, or Instant Pot Enchilada Rice!
Instant Pot Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or 2 if you love garlic flavor)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp (raw, peeled)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt (to taste)
- Place the stainless steel pot in the Instant Pot. Add the vegetable broth
- Break the linguine in half and add to the pot, it will mostly be submerged in the broth. Add the butter and garlic on top of the linguine.
- Lock the lid in place. Close the pressure release valve and press the “Pressure Cook” button until it’s on “Normal” and press the “Pressure Level” button until it's on “High.” Press the +/- buttons until the display says 00:05 for 5 minutes. The Instant Pot will say "On" until it's up to pressure, then will start counting down.
- When the time is up, press the “Cancel” button to turn off the Instant Pot. Quick release the pressure by opening the pressure release valve, steering clear of the steam.
- After the pressure is released and the float valve falls, remove the lid.
- Turn the pot back on “Saute.” Add in the shrimp. Stir and cook for about 3-5 minutes until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Press “Cancel” to turn off the Instant Pot. Then add in the heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and lemon juice. Stir until the ingredients are well combined. Salt to taste.
Simple and delicious! Made it for company, and they were impressed. Thank you.
This recipe was super simple and easy to make — and turned out to be delicious! Loved that it was a one pot meal!
This is the perfect simple and delicious bowl for me – the seafood fanatic. I love anything from the ocean but especially shrimp. This makes for a great weeknight meal!
Wow – this recipe is so perfect. I loved every bite!
Wonderful recipe, what a creamy cheesy sauce. I love a one-pot meal for busy weeknights and lazy summer evenings.