Simple, delicious, moist vegan cornbread – the perfect balance of sweet and savory. Dairy-free, egg-free, and oh so tasty!
I love this vegan cornbread. It’s slightly sweet, very moist, and so delicious that you won’t miss the milk, butter, or eggs! I’ve made a few batches to go with this vegan chili recipe, but my family ate it all before we finished the chili!
I recently had to switch up my diet and eliminate dairy and eggs for my baby (he has an allergy we’re trying to figure out). This has led me to experiment with more vegan recipes! I already ate a lot of vegan food, but often relied on eggs or dairy when baking, so I’ve been taking some of my favorite baking recipes and trying out various dairy and egg alternatives. This is the delicious result of my cornbread experiments!
How to Make Vegan Cornbread
This vegan cornbread is so simple. All you need to do is mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl – cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Then mix together your egg replacer of choice. I used the Ener-G brand. Add it and the oil, canned creamed corn, and milk alternative to the dry ingredients. Mix together, pour into a greased loaf pan, and bake!
This cornbread is delicious on its own or with some warm soup! Try it with this Instant Pot vegetarian chili (vegan if you don’t add dairy cheese or sour cream on top) or Instant Pot tortilla soup (options to make it vegan). If you try this recipe for vegan cornbread, leave a comment and review below and let me know how it worked out for you!
Easy Vegan Cornbread
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons Ener-G egg replacer with 4 tablespoons of water (or egg replacer of choice equivalent to 2 eggs)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup creamed corn (or 1 8-9 oz can)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened oat milk (or other unsweetened milk alternative)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a loaf pan with vegetable oil or vegan butter.
- In a large bowl add all of the dry ingredients. Stir well.
- Make your egg replacer in a small bowl by following the directions on the box. For the Ener-G brand just mix together the egg replacer and water in a small bowl. Add the egg replacer to the dry ingredients.
- Add the vegetable oil, creamed corn, and milk alternative to the dry ingredients as well. Stir until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean, about 30-40 minutes.